"To make the world a funnier place."
*Operating System: DOS, Windows 3.1, 95, 98, NT 4.0, WIN 2000 PRO, MacOS.
a) Adobe Pagemaker, Type Mgr, Photoshop, Paintshop,
Streamline, Acrobat, Illustrator.
b) CorelDraw, Trace, Paint, Show.
*Editing: Adobe FrameMaker.
*Networks: Novell networks, Appletalk.
*Web: HTML, CGI, Front Page, Net Objects: Fusion, Homesite,
GIF Animator, Macromedia Director, FTP, Netscape, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox,
InDesign, Flash, Xipster Freestyle.
Vendor Operations, Creative Services, Entertainment, Copyright,
Trademark and Character based properties, and negotiations.
Supervision of up to two dozen salaried/freelance staff.
Customer Service, Sales & Sell Through follow-up.
Online mentor to several hundred artists world-wide.
*VP, Mountain Artists Guild, Prescott, AZ
*Artist-In-Residence, The Charles M. Schulz Museum
*Cartoon Laureate, The Bay News, The Cayucos Breeze, Information Press
*Editorial Cartoonist, Santa Monica Daily Press, Santa Monica, CA
- Self-syndicated Political Journalist
- 2004 Pulitzer Prize Nominee
*Art Director, UpFront Sports, Anaheim, CA
- Layout, design, build & host commercial website.
- Aquire, scan, retouch, manipulate & electronic pre-press all art & photos.
- Entire task of design, production and promotion of corp. ID,
product, on-line and mail-order catalogs and marketing.
*VP/Consumer Products, Paramount Pictures, Hollywood
- Performed all storyboard and production design/presentations
to studio mgt, other studios, US Olympic committee and UNICEF.
- Entire task of developing licensed products and negotiating
master license agreements for live-action movie tie-ins.
*Director/Research & Development, Image Smith, Torrance, CA
- In-house Director of SW publisher specializing in edu-tainment,
- Overseer of product design, localization, duplication and ful-
fillment. Entire task of package structure design and illus.
*Creative Director, Pendragon Studios, Redondo Beach, CA
- Sole proprietor for turnkey commercial art studio. Negotiated
and fulfilled production contracts for entertainment mfrs.;
Disney, Universal Studios, Playmates, Matchbox, Hasbro.
*Manager/Worldwide Licensing, Mattel Toys, Hawthorne, CA
- Entire task of designing, producing and distributing trademark
bibles: camera-ready portfolios with legal, philosophical and
marketing guidelines for brand and character licensees.
- Liaison to Upper Mgt., Marketing, & Licensee cos.
*Video Game Designer, Mattel Electronics, Hawthorne, CA
- Concept and development of consumer electronic products.
- Prototype displays for national trade show exhibits.
- Scripted & storyboarded original 3-D interactive titles.
*UC Irvine-Computer Graphics.
*Laguna Beach School of Fine Art-Painting.
*CSU Long Beach-Fine Arts Major.
*Mountain Artists Guild
*Prescott Fine Arts Association
*Charles M. Schulz Museum
*LA TIMES - TOON-OP - 2005
*2004 Pulitzer Prize Nominee
*NPC/National Press Club
*AAEC/Assoc. of American Editorial Cartoonists
*NCS/The National Cartoonist Society
*SCCS/Southern California Cartoonist Society
*St. Jude's Ranch for Children
*2004 Pulitzer Prize Nominee.
*Guest of Honor/National Press Club/Cartoons & Cocktails, 2003-2008.
*Association of American Editorial Cartoonists, 2003.
*Guest of Honor/Keynote Speaker: Classic Games Expo 2000-2004.
*Golden Mug winner, Southern California Cartoon Society, 1999.
*Finalist, The Great American Toy Hunt, 1999.
*CorelDraw Design Contest (6X winner) 1992.
*First Place, Microtek Design Contest, 1992.
*Medal of Excellence, Film Advisory Board, 1989.
*First Place Cartooning, Easy Reader Annual, 1985.
*Vice Presidents Award, Mattel Electronics, 1982.